● What kind of Internet of Vehicles services does the SmartHUD support?
The Internet of Vehicles services can be sorted into two major categories:
1. News, weather, stock, traffic conditions, and real time notifications.
2. eLeadrive cloud service, E-Where location and point of interest services, EZ-Talk messaging, etc., all controlled from the push button on the SmartHUD.
● The applications seems complicated, how do you use them?
After pairing your smartphone with the SmartHUD and connecting the applications to the internet, it's easy to understand how to use the applications.
For tutorials and instructions please visit : http://bit.ly/1Jbf4lB
● How do you start the eLeadrive cloud service?
You can download the eLeadrive App through the App Store or Google Play and register for an account using your cell phone number. Then, run eLeadrive while connected to the SmartHUD, and begin using the eLeadrive cloud service.
● Can I share my go-to destinations, or special holiday travel locations with my friends?
By planning your trip using E-Where, the location will be synced automatically to your SmartHUD when you start your car, where you can then share it with your friends and family.
● How can I easily direct someone to my location in a place I am unfamiliar with?
By using the EZ-Talk App, you can choose to share your location with friends using the SmartHUD, allowing them to easily find your location. They can even set your location as their new destination, so you can effortlessly coordinate pick-up spots and meetings.
● How does EZ-Talk Messenger differ from LINE??
As of yet, LINE does not support communication services for vehicles, while EZ-Talk Messenger can communicate directly through the SmartHUD. Using your phone's internet connection, a conversation taking place in the car can seamlessly continue on your phone once you exit your car.
● Does the SmartHUD support the WeChat App?
WeChat hasn't released a third party API,
so we are unable to support it. You can use E-lead's EZ-Talk App instead to enjoy seamless connection and connectivity both in and out of the car.
● Are there other ways to control the SmartHUD other than the push button?
You can control the SmartHUD with your smartphone using the "HUD Remote" App from the App Store or Google Play.
● How often does the Calendar sync?
Under stable network conditions, the Calendar will update automatically once every 10 minutes when on the Calendar page is open.
● Can I add an event from the Calendar on the HUD?
The Calendar functionality only syncs and displays your information. To add a new event, please do so through the Google Calendar App or the Google Calendar webpage.
● How accurate is the weather forecast?
We use AccuWeather for our weather forecast information, the same provider that Asus and Samsung use for their phones. Due to the limited number of weather stations present in Taiwan, there may be discrepancies in the information displayed on the screen.
● How often is the Weather data updated?
Under stable network conditions, the information will update once a minute when in motion, and once every five minutes when stopped.
● Is the stock information shown up-to-date and in real time?
The HUD uses Yahoo Finance's stock market information, which is delayed by 20 minutes before it is released to the public.
● How often do the Stock Market data update?
Under stable network conditions, the page will update once every 30 seconds when the Stock Market page is open.
● Where are the National Freeway traffic condition data retrieved from?
The information is retrieved online directly from the Taiwan Area National Freeway Bureau.
● How often do the National Freeway traffic condition data update?
Under stable network conditions, the page will update once every minute when the traffic conditions page is open.